Sample Book Information
Thank you for your interest in our catalogues. We are a family business specializing in bridal fabrics since 1996. We offer a large and varied range of fabrics. We consider that our success is due to the fast, reliable and friendly service we provide. Much of our range is formed by listening to what you tell us you need and if possible trying to provide that service or fabric. Many fabrics can be seen on our web site www.michaelsbridalfabrics.co.uk
The range can be ordered in sections, so that you can choose which type of fabrics/accessories you want to offer:
1. Brocades.Bodice and waistcoat designs of European and U.K origin. Colours available include ivory, pastels and darker colours. This section includes 3 silk jacquards.
2. Silks/Plains. Satins include soft, D/Faced poly/silk, ac/silk, and poly/silk Duchess Satins. Plains and shot in Satin Organza, Chiffon, Taffeta and Mikado. Also, Dupion, double Georgette, triple Organza, Chiffon and Organza, crushed Organza, Satin and Taffeta. We also offer cotton pile velvet (inc. White).
3. European Embroideries/Sequinned/Crystalled. These embroideries come from Austria, France and Italy. They are on a variety of base fabrics including tulle, chiffon, organza, dupion and velvet. Some qualities are available with Swarovski crystals or sequins. Mostly they are finer more detailed designs than the ones from the Far East.
4. Embroidered Beaded. This is the largest range that we offer. Most designs are on tulle, but also include Duchess Satin and Georgette. Some Satin designs have beads & sequins and raised flowers. Most designs are put on to ivory coloured base fabric, but we are starting to bring in more coloured grounds. The thread colours vary from pastels through to rich purples and wines and include metallic gold and silver yarns.
5. Laces. The range includes fine delicate French laces like Chantilly, through to heavier corded, guipure and pleated as well as beaded and sequined types. Most designs are double bordered. Many are offered in ivory but include white, champagne, antique rose, ice blue, teal, fuchsia, purple, wine, chocolate, black, metallic silver and gold.
6. Edgings & 7. Motifs. These two sections are now in separate ring binders. These sections offer a growing range of embroidered designs, (many with hand beading and crystals). Colours offered include Ivory, White, Black and Champagne. Some designs are available in other colours to co-ordinate with other plain fabrics we run. There is also a selection that match to embroideries and laces we run.
Please Note: Cutting charges apply on these sections as follows:
Less than a full pack (13/14m, 12 pairs/pieces) add £0.30(€0.38) per metre/pair/piece.
8. Standard Basic Fabrics.This collection offers around 400 colour choices over a range of about 30 qualities. These qualities include:
Duchess Satin - 4 weights
Satin back Crepe
Indian Silk Dupion
Satin back Shantung
Taffeta - 3 types
Shot Silky Satins
Soft Poly Satin
Plain, shot, pearl & Crystal Organza
Soft Matt Satin
H/wt Poly Crepe
Please Note: Cutting charges apply on this section as follows:
under 5m +35%, between 5m and 10m +25%, 10m and over +10%. Full rolls (23m) and stock pieces of any size no cutting charge.
8m. Mini Standard Basic Fabrics.We can do a mini version of the above standard book with just 8 qualities in.
9. Dress Accessories.Our newest category, this book consists of about 600 colour photocopy images. It includes buckles, brooches, clasps, chains and pearl and crystal buttons. Some items are with Swarovski crystals. Most pieces use either pearls, crystals or both. No minimum quantity and many items are in stock.
The samples in our standard books of basic fabrics mentioned in 8 & 8m consist of each colour being mounted on a detachable T. card, with one colour from most pages provided as a 10x15cm feeler piece. The vast majority of other fabrics you get a cutting of the colours we run, along with a larger photocopy. We have no minimum order by value or length and we will always use the most economically viable way to send your order. Short lengths of cheaper fabrics will be sent via letter post, while larger quantities and more expensive fabrics go via carrier on next day delivery. Full terms and conditions will be sent with your first order.
We are offering you a service; the books give you access to the products & services. We provide a monthly newsletter to keep your books updated and provide other useful information. If you provide us with an email address you will receive it by e-mail, you then also receive a new price list, and colour images of new fabrics and colours each month. All updates are provided free for the sections of book you order, as long as you spend over £500 per year. The updates are sent with fabric orders. Individual sections can be ordered priced as follows: